1.1A person who never settles down.
2A tender trailing tradescantia, typically having striped leaves which are suffused with purple.
- Genus Tradescantia, family Commelinaceae: T. albiflora and T. pendula (formerly Zebrina pendula)
More example sentences
- Other house plants to enjoy growing this way include wandering Jew, hoya, English ivy, trailing philodendron, Hawaiian ti, and, of course, lucky bamboo.
- Here Ezrahi examines Paul Celan's elegiac German poetry and redefinition of the wandering Jew at a time when the Jewish State already exists and beckons.
- The hero, an Irishman, who is a version of the wandering Jew, cannot die for 120 years, and goes through many changes of identity in his long, largely villainous, career.
Definition of wandering Jew in:
- The US English dictionary