- (In Sri Lanka) a leaf monkey or langur.
More example sentences
- Genus Presbytis, family Cercopithecidae: the purple-faced leaf monkey (P. vetulus), or the hanuman (P. entellus)
- Another type of monkey, the lion-tailed macaque or wanderoo, is found in a small area of southern India.
- The ancient statue overlooking the granite basin depicts a supine, sneering wanderoo but the Romans, because of its ugliness, compared it to a monkey or, more exactly, a baboon.
- In reproductive work, I've worked with orang-utans, camels, gorillas, wanderoos [lion-tailed macaques], and Indian lions.
late 17th century: from Sinhalese wanderu 'monkey'.
More definitions of wanderooDefinition of wanderoo in:
- The US English dictionary