Definition of war crime in English:
An act carried out during the conduct of a war that violates accepted international rules of war.
- During the Rwanda genocide, rape as a war crime received extensive international media coverage.
- The sex slave system of the Japanese army has already been branded a brutal war crime on the international level.
- It is the kind of war that the Nuremberg tribunal deemed the principal war crime carried out by the Nazis.
war criminal noun
- Example sentences
- Why would an American peacemaker sign a treaty with a war criminal?
- They've managed to paint the war hero as a war criminal, and it took him weeks and weeks to respond.
- His name arouses indignation among the Arab peoples and his military record defines him as a war criminal.
Definition of war crime in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan