- A fungal disease of potatoes which produces warty outgrowths on the tubers.
More example sentences
- The fungus is Synchytrium endobioticum, subdivision Mastigomycotina
- In Canada, an outbreak of fungal pathogens affecting canola and potato wart disease.
- The potato is immune to wart disease and susceptible to viruses and blight, but it produces a good yield of excellent flavour.
- In particular, outbreaks of plum pox virus, Brown Spruce Longhorn Beetle and potato wart disease required our efforts to protect Canada's plant resources.