- A fuel gas consisting mainly of carbon monoxide and hydrogen, made by passing steam over incandescent coke.More example sentences
- In the form of producer gas or water gas, it is widely used as a fuel in industrial operations.
- Accordingly, it is an object of the present invention to provide an effective furnace utilizing water gas as a fuel.
- Water gas had a lower calorific value than coal gas so the calorific value was often boosted by passing the gas through a heated retort into which oil was sprayed.
More definitions of water gasDefinition of water gas in:
- The US English dictionary