- The main pipe in a water supply system.More example sentences
- A nearby street, Wellgate, takes its name from a Late Medieval wellhead structure which still survives on the site, and from which people in the town drew water until a water main was installed in 1903.
- Early morning on September 18, the combination of heavy rains and, according to Pattaya City sources, a broken water main quickly flooded many areas of North Pattaya.
- However, Baghdad residents received a boost yesterday when water was restored to nearly half of the beleaguered capital after a week-long crisis caused by sabotage of a water main.
More definitions of water mainDefinition of water main in:
- The US English dictionary