- A large body of seawater that is distinguishable by its characteristic temperature and salinity range.More example sentences
- However, both seem likely given the duration of larval lives, the sensory and behavioral capabilities of larvae, their high levels of average mortality, and the variability of physical processes of the water mass around reefs.
- All four sites are in close proximity ([less than] 0.5 km in distance) and are covered by the same water mass at high tide coming in from the western part of Back Sound.
- A small storm in the first week of September somewhat shortened residence time and pushed some salt out of the upper estuary, and the large storm of 18 September almost completely replaced the upper estuarine water mass with freshwater.
More definitions of water massDefinition of water mass in:
- The US English dictionary