noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- Water molecules forming an essential part of the crystal structure of some compounds.More example sentences
- It also means that if you're willing to assume, say, one/third molecule's worth of water of crystallization, you can finagle the numbers to come out to most anything you need.
- This amount of water also corresponds to the two molecules of water of crystallization per molecule of trehalose.
- It should be understood that the present invention comprising paroxetine hydrochloric anhydrate may contain unbound water, that is to say water which is other than water of crystallization.
More definitions of water of crystallizationDefinition of water of crystallization in:
- The US English dictionary