- A widely distributed slender-leaved plant which grows in water or on mud and is sometimes used in aquaria.
More example sentences
- Genus Callitriche, family Callitrichaceae
- When it grows on mud in low-water conditions, the leaves of water starwort are oblong.
- Milfoil and water starwort are good native ‘oxygenators’; try to avoid Canadian pondweed - it grows like wildfire and quickly takes over a pond!
- Here and there float upon the surface the round leaves and delicate white blossoms of the frogbit, together with lilies, pondweeds, and water starworts.