- 1The large melon-like fruit of a plant of the gourd family, with smooth green skin, red pulp, and watery juice.More example sentences
- Where available raccoons may also eat peaches, plums, figs, citrus fruits, watermelons, beech nuts, and walnuts.
- The fertile soil of the valleys produces a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, including citrus, sugarcane, watermelons, bananas, yams, and beans.
- As we tuck into a colourful platter of fresh pineapple, watermelon, kiwi fruit, pears and bananas on the veranda, she cooks up sausages, bacon and pancakes.
- 2The African plant which yields watermelons.
More example sentences
- Citrullus lanatus, family Cucurbitaceae
- The virus comes in two forms - one causes disease in cucurbits (cucumbers, watermelons, etc) and is already prevalent in Rarotonga, while the other affects both papaya and cucurbits.
More definitions of watermelonDefinition of watermelon in:
- The US English dictionary