- A small African flycatcher with a coloured patch of bare skin around or above the eye, typically having black and white plumage.
More example sentences
- Genus Platysteira, family Platysteiridae (or Monarchidae): several species
- Niche overlap of pied flycatcher was also greatest with paradise flycatcher and with wattle-eye.
- We also had our first wattle-eye, a Jameson's wattle-eye, a brown-chested alethe, and an equatorial akalat.
- The final group of birds in this family are the two genera of wattle-eyes.