Definition of webbed in English:
1(Of the feet of a swimming bird or other aquatic animal) having the toes connected by a membrane.
- The little seabird nests high in coastal forests, a fact that had eluded ornithologists until several years ago, when a bird with webbed feet flopped out of a felled tree.
- The beaver has specialized aquatic features such as webbed feet, nostrils and ears that can close under water, membranes that cover the eyes under water, and a broad, flat, scaly tail.
- The bird's webbed feet, angled upward, skim across the water.
1.1 Medicine (Of fingers or toes) abnormally united for all or part of their length by a fold of skin.
- Facial deformities are common, along with webbed feet and hands.
- Surgery may be performed to separate webbed fingers or toes.
- I grew up being teased about my toes, which appear to be webbed.
2(Of a band or strip of tough material) made from webbing or similar fabric.
- Some in the entourage had covered their faces with flags or hoods, some wore uniforms, and some had strapped webbed belts with green cartridge cases over their jeans.
- Covering the webbed seat with inexpensive toweling renders this stool pool- or patio-worthy while the interior provides a spot to stow toys and picnic supplies.
Definition of webbed in:
- US English dictionary