- 1A rich iced cake, typically in two or more tiers, served at a wedding reception.More example sentences
- Both staff and residents alike enjoyed a sample of the tier of the wedding cake which was a rich fruit cake.
- In Britain, the most prominent single food item associated with a wedding is the wedding cake.
- If the venue can't offer you a discount for excluding it and serving wedding cake instead, consider ordering a smaller wedding cake.
- 1.1 [as modifier] • informal Denoting a building that is very ornate: a wedding-cake mansionMore example sentences
- Everywhere you turn, there are wonderful buildings: my favourite is the great wedding-cake edifice that towers over Cibeles Square, which turns out, surprisingly, to be the post office.
- Take the number 36 bus 7km along the coast to Miramare, the wedding-cake castle commissioned by poor old Maximilian, younger brother of Emperor Franz Josef and briefly (thanks to Napoleon) Emperor of Mexico.
- ‘There's something very special about old wedding-cake theatres,’ she says.
More definitions of wedding cakeDefinition of wedding cake in:
- The US English dictionary