- An average resulting from the multiplication of each component by a factor reflecting its importance.More example sentences
- All averages presented are weighted averages.
- Interest rates also declined as the weighted average settled at 0.65 per cent below the best lending rate compared with 0.74 per cent below in the previous quarter.
- The ten-year yield to maturity slipped to 14.31 per cent on a weighted average basis.
More definitions of weighted averageDefinition of weighted average in:
- The US English dictionary