(Of a body, especially in an orbiting spacecraft) not apparently acted on by gravity.
- Her body slowly felt weightless and she landed softly on her hands and knees.
- So far little is known of how the female body is affected by weightless conditions.
- She felt light, weightless, as if she were lying on a thick layer of foam.
- Example sentences
- Or just hang out - weightlessly - in zero gravity.
- She seems to float across the stage weightlessly.
- He felt as though he were drifting weightlessly through an endless tunnel.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: weight|less
Definition of weightless in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.