Definition of well head in English:
1The place where a spring comes out of the ground.
- You should test for bacteria if your well head becomes flooded or submerged.
- Water towers, well heads, manholes and fire hydrants are not typically secure, and are considered the most vulnerable points of a water system.
- There are leaks coming in, leaks in the bathrooms, leaks under the kitchen… the well head leaks, too.
2The structure over a well, typically an oil or gas well.
- Well pads are spaced 80 acres apart on the open, rough prairie; the well heads are housed in garden shed-size hutches.
- There is a reservoir which is at pressure, and there is a vertical pipe that comes from the reservoir to the well head, which is quite long.
- It smacks of desperation because, as analyst Michael C. Ruppert notes, ‘As water is forced under pressure into the reservoir, the oil is forced upwards toward the well heads and extraction is thereby increased.’
Definition of well head in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India