- 1(Of a chair or sofa) having plenty of padding: when such dinners can last for hours, a well-upholstered seat is essentialMore example sentences
- Alexander waited until Maria had settled onto the sofa, before himself sitting down in a well-upholstered armchair.
- There is that same absolutely beautiful girl sitting in a well upholstered chair next to a bassinet.
- But for this sort of philosophising we need a special place to sit - and I don't mean a well-upholstered armchair by the fire.
- 1.1 • humorous (Of a person) fat: for a well-upholstered man, he’s gracefulMore example sentences
- A definite man's man, he just can't help commenting on well-upholstered women.
- There's a wedding party in progress at the top table - an assortment of older relatives, skylarking kids and well-upholstered bridesmaids.
- The boys frantically raced about pleading with newspapers not to buy the piece because their mother didn't know about their well-upholstered friend the stewardess.
More definitions of well upholsteredDefinition of well upholstered in:
- The US English dictionary