- 1A brown fungal rot affecting timber with a high moisture content: timbers affected by wet rotMore example sentences
- General repairs to evidence of wet rot affecting the various frames - and dormer windows - should be undertaken but possibly, in conjunction with paintwork redecorations.
- Any furniture will need to be raised off any floor surface that lacks a damp-course membrane, to avoid moisture being absorbed, creating wet rot.
- It's one thing drawing plans, it is quite another tackling a building without water or electricity and riddled with dry and wet rot.
- 2 (also wet rot fungus) The fungus that causes wet rot.
More example sentences
- Coniophora puteana, family Coniophoraceae, class Hymenomycetes, and other species
- When he was called in by Mr. Michael Taylor in May 1995 to assist in relation to the dry rot problem at Stretton Hall, he went round the house room by room, looking at each room very carefully for symptoms of wet rot, dry rot and woodworm.
- Damp is evident in many locations and wet rot and dry rot is ‘probable’.
- Chartered building surveyors will examine a property (particularly older ones) for structural damage such as subsidence, dry and wet rot and leaking roofs.