adjective• informal , chiefly North American
- Very quick-witted and intelligent: a private eye is expected to be whip-smart and tough as nails Allen’s whip-smart dialogueMore example sentences
- Amusing, instantly likable, and whip-smart, he's in possession of a life so unconventional and fantastical, it's more twisted than fiction.
- He is whip-smart, financially successful, and a magnet for women.
- Much of the pleasure derives from Mamet's whip-smart dialogue and the enjoyment the actors take in playing it out.
More definitions of whip-smartDefinition of whip-smart in:
- The US English dictionary