- A white pigment consisting of a mixture of lead carbonate and lead hydroxide.More example sentences
- The paint room also held linseed oil, as well as the green and blue paint likely used to coat the steam engines, ‘Japan’ varnish, lamp black, coal tar, white lead, cement, and one diamond.
- Finds include large ceramic jars, glazed on the inside, which were probably used to manufacture white lead by the chemical reaction of vinegar, lead and a fermenting agent.
- All of these came from natural sources such as madder, kermes, red and white lead, verdigris, yellow ochre, yellow arsenic sulphide, oak gall, indigo and woad and lapis lazuli.
More definitions of white leadDefinition of white lead in:
- The US English dictionary