- 1 [mass noun] White stage make-up: the man in whiteface going up on the stageMore example sentences
- In the context of this event, the dancers' makeup - whiteface with eyes and mouths outlined - had a disturbing edge, though as they moved they conjured more Weimar than minstrel show.
- However, it was not only in theater that this stage Irish character of whiteface began to appear.
- The top dog, Lincoln, in costume and whiteface, impersonates Honest Abe in a sideshow, for customers playing Booth to shoot at.
- 2chiefly North American A Hereford cow or bull.More example sentences
- I've been breeding white-faces - pure-bred Herefords.
- 3An Australian warbler with a white face.
More example sentences
- Genus Aphelocephala, family Acanthizidae: three species
- No, it's just a noise that might attract some birds, particularly things like wrens and thornbills, and saffron whitefaces which we've just seen.
More definitions of whitefaceDefinition of whiteface in:
- The US English dictionary