Definition of wholehearted in English:
Showing or characterized by complete sincerity and commitment: you have my wholehearted support
More example sentences
- We will do so in the context of a wholehearted commitment to build a mutually beneficial relationship with the new Indonesia.
- His injury-time matchwinner was a fitting reward for a tireless, wholehearted, committed performance.
- Bolton fans have taken Holdsworth to their hearts and the striker has responded in kind with his wholehearted commitment to the cause.
committed, positive, emphatic, devoted, dedicated, enthusiastic, unshakeable, unflinching, unswerving, constant, staunch, loyal, stalwart;
unqualified, unreserved, unlimited, without reservations, unconditional, categorical, unequivocal, unambiguous, unrestricted, unmitigated, unadulterated, undiluted, unalloyed, unstinting;
complete, full, total, absolute, undivided, entire, solid, thorough, thoroughgoing, utter, outright, out-and-out
- Example sentences
- I believe wholeheartedly that his films depict the absolute best way of living in community and with nature.
- The men of Britain have not embraced the idea so wholeheartedly.
- I would agree wholeheartedly with the general tone of the article.
- Example sentences
- She held the offices of Secretary, Treasurer, Produce Promoter and P.R.O. - all of which had been performed with wholeheartedness and to the best of her ability.
- The cult of the saints began with the earliest martyrs, who had certainly proved their wholeheartedness.
- This was possible only because of the support and wholeheartedness shown by the state government.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan