Expressing wild excitement or joy: I shouted ‘Whoopee’ and went for a swim
More example sentences
- Also, the neighbors probably just think, ‘Free music, whoopee!’
- I feel no wild whoopee, just a quiet thankfulness and feeling of ‘flatness’.
- I start, whoopee, a new show on Tuesday in England, which is called the ‘X-Factor.’
make whoopee informal
- The camera tilts up to see a man and a woman making whoopee, discreetly, under the covers of the bed.
- Even deep, innovative music by Ahmad Jamal and Bill Evans has been dismissed as lightweight accompaniment to sipping cocktails and making whoopee.
- Fooling around with a camera, our hero ‘accidentally’ films his neighbours making whoopee.
2Have sex: spring is in the air and animals are making whoopie
More example sentences
Words that rhyme with whoopeeabsentee, açai, addressee, adoptee, agree, allottee, amputee, appellee, appointee, appraisee, après-ski, assignee, asylee, attendee, bailee, bain-marie, Bangui, bargee, bawbee, be, Bea, bee, bootee, bouquet garni, bourgeoisie, Brie, BSc, buckshee, Capri, cc, chimpanzee, cohabitee, conferee, consignee, consultee, Cree, debauchee, decree, dedicatee, Dee, degree, deportee, dernier cri, detainee, devisee, devotee, divorcee, draftee, dree, Dundee, dungaree, eau-de-vie, emcee, employee, endorsee, en famille, ennui, enrollee, escapee, esprit, evacuee, examinee, expellee, fee, fiddle-de-dee, flea, flee, fleur-de-lis, foresee, franchisee, free, fusee (US fuzee), Gardaí, garnishee, gee, ghee, glee, goatee, grandee, Grand Prix, grantee, Guarani, guarantee, he, HMRC, indictee, inductee, internee, interviewee, invitee, jamboree, Jaycee, jeu d'esprit, key, knee, Lea, lee, legatee, Leigh, lessee, Ley, licensee, loanee, lychee, manatee, Manichee, maquis, Marie, marquee, me, Midi, mortgagee, MSc, nominee, obligee, Otomi, parolee, Parsee, parti pris, patentee, Pawnee, payee, pea, pee, permittee, plc, plea, pledgee, pollee, presentee, promisee, quay, ratatouille, referee, refugee, releasee, repartee, retiree, returnee, rupee, scot-free, scree, sea, secondee, see, settee, Shanxi, Shawnee, shchi, she, shea, si, sirree, ski, spree, standee, suttee, tant pis, tea, tee, tee-hee, Tennessee, testee, the, thee, three, thuggee, Tiree, Torquay, trainee, Tralee, transferee, tree, Trincomalee, trustee, tutee, twee, Twi, undersea, vestee, vis-à-vis, wagon-lit, Waikiki, warrantee, we, wee, whee, ye, yippee, Zuider Zee
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: whoo|pee
Definition of whoopee in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.