- A prospector who sinks exploratory oil wells.More example sentences
- If a prospector finds a new gold mine or the wildcatter brings in a rich oil well, the probability of other prospectors and wildcatters making equally valuable finds diminishes, however slightly.
- Independents - the industry term for companies that have more capital and know-how than the typical wildcatter - can grow either by exploring and finding reserves or by buying a company that already has them.
- An oil wildcatter raised by an oil wildcatter, he moved into the railroad business in the early 1980s and made billions by laying fiber-optic cable along his Southern Pacific Railroad track and purchasing Qwest Communications.
More definitions of wildcatterDefinition of wildcatter in:
- The US English dictionary