Definition of wind instrument in English:
1A musical instrument in which sound is produced by the vibration of air, typically by the player blowing into the instrument.
- A musician-dancer blows the reed-pipe wind instrument, while going through various dance movements.
- It sounded like a wind instrument, maybe flute, but it was so different from anything Keithran had ever heard before that he wasn't really sure.
- The troupe of dancers includes at least two drummers and a third member blows on wind instrument called ‘napira’ which looks and sounds like a trumpet.
1.1A woodwind instrument as distinct from a brass instrument.
- Norrington's line-up is mainly modern, with some period wind instruments and valveless brass.
- Diagrams relating fingering to notes have occasionally been used for such wind instruments as the recorder, flageolet, oboe, and clarinet in instrumental tutors since the 16th century.
- The ensemble instrumentation is any combination of brass, guitar, piano, string and wind instruments.
Definition of wind instrument in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.