Definition of wired in English:
1Making use of computers to transfer or receive information, especially by means of the Internet: the economic arguments for getting your business wired
More example sentences
- Monthly subscription models via wired Internet will need to reflect such added value offered to consumers.
- This will virtually eliminate the need for wired Internet and will radically lower prices.
- Most universities are already in cities with wired Internet service.
1.1(Of a device or network) using wires or cables rather than wireless technology to transmit signals.
- Now every single computer/laptop in schools must be attached to a wired LAN.
- A proportion of the stolen money was then wired back to Romania.
- The service is still considered to be slower than the much faster wired services.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan