- A burrowing plant-eating Australian marsupial which resembles a small bear with short legs.
More example sentences
- Family Vombatidae: two genera and three species, in particular the common wombat (Vombatus ursinus)
- It is also my first chance to see the wonderfully unique wildlife here; kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, pademelons, possums, and various unique birds.
- There are a variety of possums, early kangaroos, koalas, wombats and quolls, as well as marsupial groups that are now completely extinct.
- Wroe's team recognized that for marsupials (like koalas, wombats, and kangaroos) brain size could be used to estimate overall body weight.
late 18th century: from Dharuk.
More definitions of wombatDefinition of wombat in:
- The US English dictionary