Definition of wonderful in English:
Inspiring delight, pleasure, or admiration; extremely good; marvellous: they all think she’s wonderful the climate was wonderful all the year round
More example sentences
- It is a substantial piece of work and a wonderful, and inspiring, record of bravery.
- If he's on the tube we can just mute the gabble and marvel at his wonderful face instead.
- It was the very early stages of what has become an amazing and wonderful relationship.
informal super, great, smashing, amazing, amazeballs, fantastic, terrific, tremendous, sensational, incredible, heavenly, gorgeous, dreamy, grand, fabulous, fab, fabby, fantabulous, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, awesome, magic, ace, cool, mean, bad, wicked, mega, crucial, mind-blowing, far out, A1, sound, out of this world, marvy, spanking
North American informal peachy, dandy, jim-dandy, neat, badass, boss, radical, rad, boffo, bully, bitching, bodacious
South African informal kif, lank
British informal , dated capital, champion, wizard, corking, cracking, ripping, spiffing, top-hole, topping, beezer
North American informal , dated swell, keen
- [as submodifier]: the bed was wonderfully comfortableMore example sentences
- It's wonderfully fresh, almost perfect from start to finish and an absolute joy to drink.
- His voice may not be as pure as it once was, nor soar quite so magnificently, but it is still wonderfully hypnotic.
- My Toulouse sausages were wonderfully warm and spicy, with a marvellous grainy texture.
- Example sentences
- All in all, a worthy celebration of the liberty, creativity, chutzpah, dynamite babes, dynamite tunes, and totally awesome wonderfulness which is our true blue home, our own native land, our beloved America.
- If the concert had been at the South Bank or the Barbican I would have had to decline the drink-up, but the wonderfulness of working at the heart of Westminster Village was the ability to nip to the concert as an interval in the works' drinkies.
- Cartwright never really gets to grips with the darker issues that bubble underneath her veneer of child-like wonder at the whole gosh - darned wonderfulness of everything to do with the show.
Pronunciation: /ˈwʌndəfʊlnəs/ /ˈwʌndəf(ə)lnəs/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.