- A yellow-flowered Eurasian plant which favours damp shady habitats. Also called herb bennet.
More example sentences
- Geum urbanum, family Rosaceae
- The steeper slopes and cliffs of Augill support a mixed woodland of ash, birch and rowan with an interesting ground flora including species such as bluebell, sanicle and wood avens.
- The return track is similarly waymarked, and although parallel and only a field away had quite a different ambience, more flowers including wood avens, a neat farm, dry-stone walls, and nesting boxes for tits, facing north as they should.
- The ground flora is predominantly nettle, wood avens and various woodland grasses with dog's mercury associated with the coppiced area.