noun (plural woodlice /-lʌɪs/)
- A small terrestrial crustacean with a greyish segmented body and seven pairs of legs, living in damp habitats.
More example sentences
- Oniscus and other genera, order Isopoda.
- These tireless toilers of the soil include such creatures as the earthworms, woodlice and millipedes.
- The main detritivore taxa were woodlice, millipedes, insects, and gastropods.
- In 1890, Dubois confirmed that blinded salamanders displayed an aversion to shorter wavelengths of light, and. in 1895, Finsen extended the results to frogs, earthworms, woodlice, beetles and flies.
More definitions of woodlouseDefinition of woodlouse in:
- The US English dictionary