- A loudspeaker designed to reproduce low frequencies.More example sentences
- A 150-watt subwoofer hooks up with two satellites that hold four-inch woofers and one-inch tweeters to generate crisp highs and a clear midrange.
- Most so-called subwoofers are just woofers; real subwoofers address subsonic and very low bass frequencies, so you can feel them in the pit of your stomach.
- For music lovers there are in-car entertainment systems including CD changers, amplifiers, woofers, speakers and tweeters in a mind-boggling range.
More definitions of wooferDefinition of woofer in:
- The US English dictionary