- 1A large hairy caterpillar, especially that of a tiger moth.More example sentences
- Ants and insects including silverfish, woolly bears, earwigs and spiders can be tackled with products from hardware shops.
- Alfalfa butterflies, painted ladies, woolly bears and various other species have been abundant all summer.
- 2The small hairy larva of a carpet beetle or museum beetle, which is destructive to carpets and zoological collections.More example sentences
- It's the wooly bear - the grub which, as it grows, casts its skin.
- This unassuming little creature, called a "wooly bear", is the larval form of one variety of carpet beetle.
More definitions of woolly bearDefinition of woolly bear in:
- The US English dictionary