(also word division)
- A point at which a word is split between two lines of text by means of a hyphen: bad word breaks at the end of linesMore example sentences
- All the word breaks and line lengths have been worked out for them; when a line has a few extra characters, and needs to be slightly condensed, the text is highlighted in green.
- And of course Syriac has, like all Semitic languages, word breaks.
- In 1986, the Press published a third work, The Oxford Spelling Dictionary, compiled by R. E. Allen, which also gives word divisions.
More definitions of word breakDefinition of word break in:
- The US English dictionary