- A group of employees representing a workforce in discussions with their employers.More example sentences
- In the 1920s, employers referred to works councils and employee representation plans as industrial democracy, while unions saw them as little more than company unions.
- An alliance of works councils, unions and employee groups took the action to try and stymie cuts expected to claim between 10,000 and 13,000 jobs.
- The company is relying on the various trade unions and works councils to suppress opposition to the job cuts, which sparked protests in Germany and strikes in France in April.
More definitions of works councilDefinition of works council in:
- The US English dictionary