verb[with object] Computing
- Protect (a disk) from accidental writing or erasure: a write-protected diskMore example sentences
- Note: after you are done configuring the Linux router, write-protect the floppy disk you are using.
- In this way the disk can even be write-protected.
- The user data area is divided into 64-byte blocks, and each block can be write-protected to prevent accidental deletion or alteration of data.
More definitions of write-protectDefinition of write-protect in:
- The US English dictionary