1North American A triangle of railway track used for turning locomotives or trains.
- Today the goal is to re-lay 4 kilometers of track to reach the wye at this point.
- There are also ten secondary tracks used for minor repairs, a train-wash, and a loop track and a wye.
- This facility was first located off Markham Road on the south side of Oshawa Sub. mainline with a wye into it.
2(In plumbing) a short pipe with a branch joining it at an acute angle.
- We suspect that the 90 [degrees], three-way connector between the ETT and the wye trapped aerosolized particles.
- Pipe wyes are used to to allow one pipe to join another pipe at some degree or angle.
- As the name suggests, the pipe wyes are Y-shaped pipe fitting devices.
Mid 19th century: the letter Y represented as a word.
Words that rhyme with Wyeally, Altai, apply, assai, awry, ay, aye, Baha'i, belie, bi, Bligh, buy, by, bye, bye-bye, chi, Chiangmai, Ciskei, comply, cry, Cy, Dai, defy, deny, Di, die, do-or-die, dry, Dubai, dye, espy, eye, fie, fly, forbye, fry, Frye, goodbye (US goodby), guy, hereby, hi, hie, high, I, imply, I-spy, July, kai, lie, lye, Mackay, misapply, my, nearby, nigh, Nye, outfly, passer-by, phi, pi, pie, ply, pry, psi, Qinghai, rai, rely, rocaille, rye, scry, serai, shanghai, shy, sigh, sky, Skye, sky-high, sly, spin-dry, spry, spy, sty, Sukhotai, supply, Tai, Thai, thereby, thigh, thy, tie, Transkei, try, tumble-dry, underlie, Versailles, Vi, vie, whereby, why, wry, xi, Xingtai, Yantai
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.