Definition of xenotransplantation in English:
The process of grafting or transplanting organs or tissues between members of different species.
- This distinguishes them from the various organs used for xenotransplantation.
- There are also fears that the process of xenotransplantation may transmit dangerous viruses to humans.
- Pigs are the preferred species for xenotransplantation on scientific, practical and ethical grounds.
- Example sentences
- These infectious agents may have been transmitted to close contacts of the xenotransplant recipient.
- The latter requirement ensures that NHS facilities cannot be used for private xenotransplants.
- The clinical use of porcine xenotransplant is gaining wide acceptance the world over, said Dr. Cherian.
Definition of xenotransplantation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan