- Expressing triumph, approval, or encouragement: Yay! Great, Julie!More example sentences
- We went back to the JXC and worked on our ethics essay and I ended up finalising it and printed it out. Yay!
- I'm going out tonight, I have a movie thing tomorrow, I have a party next week… yay!
- More books that have been on my list for absolutely ages, yay!
1960s: perhaps an alteration of yeah.
adverbNorth American • informal
- 1(With adjectives of measure) to this extent; so: I knew him when he was yay bigMore example sentences
- You're probably used to seeing the American armadillo, sometimes called the midget armadillo, which only grows to be about yay big.
1960s: probably a variant of yea1.