Definition of yellow-belly in English:
1A coward: I was serious about my stand against the war and was not just a yellow-belly
More example sentences
- Of course, that don't mean having a revolution every day like them yellow-bellies and Bolsheviki, or every time some job-holder does something he ain't got no business to do.
- And the fact that Stevie can sign, seal, and deliver on the Lakers front court to the tune of a triple-double does not bode well for the yellow-bellies.
- Forget the yellow-bellies; the overcrowded prisons offer myriad low cost Rambo wannabes.
2Any of a number of animals with yellow underparts.
- The Yellow-bellied Flycatcher (E. flaviventris) has the most colorful belly of the eastern group, but don't be mislead; an empid with a yellow belly is not necessarily a yellow-belly.
- It's amazing how fast you can fin when a yellow-belly sea snake is chasing your tail!
- Example sentences
- Baboons can kill a leopard - I am sure a yellow-bellied coward should be no problem.
- I won't tell you what I think about the yellow-bellied, spineless, poor excuse for a man.
- A yellow-bellied coward who hides behind the Pack for protection -
Words that rhyme with yellow-bellyunderbelly
Definition of yellow-belly in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan