An ornamental climbing shrub with fragrant yellow flowers, native to the south-eastern US. Its rhizome yields the drug gelsemium.
- Gelsemium sempervirens, family Loganiaceae
More example sentences
- She also wanted to keep the silver and gold euonymus and yellow jasmine that grow by the front door, and a vigorous Fuchsia ‘Riccartonii’.
- There, in Laguna Beach, I saw hibiscus hedges eight feet tall, with solid masses of large red and pink flowers, and sprawling banks of white and yellow jasmine.
- There were lots of white Madonna lilies, fields and fields of them, and frangipani, and frangrant yellow jasmines, and gardenias - all highly scented flowers.
Definition of yellow jasmine in:
- The US English dictionary