Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of yellow journalism in English:
- There is a name for this kind of filth: it is called yellow journalism and you make me ashamed to be a journalist.
- Use yellow journalism to scare the public into demanding that legislators pass a law to fix the nonexistent problem.
- Otherwise, it will turn out to be another form of yellow journalism.
yellow journalist noun
- Example sentences
- In short, he is like a yellow journalist of the big media he was supposedly criticizing.
- Patty Duke is dynamic in a rabid, ridiculous performance as a blowsy yellow journalist who seeks to destroy the celebrities she slanders.
- Because Kessler's style is cool and professional, the reader cannot dismiss her as a yellow journalist writing for a popular magazine.
1895: from the appearance in an issue of the New York World of a cartoon in which a child in a yellow dress ( 'The Yellow Kid') was the central figure. The color printing was an experiment designed to attract customers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.