1(Of a substance or object) giving way under pressure; not hard or rigid: she dropped on to the yielding cushions
More example sentences
- The cookies tasted home-made, with just the right ratio of dry crumbliness to chewiness and that fantastic contrast you get from crunchy baked hazelnuts and soft, yielding fruit.
- We collapse in a disappointing heap on the yielding sand.
- The expedition crossed the shelf of rock, testing the non-slip soles of their rubber boots to the limit, and set off along slightly yielding sand.
- Example sentences
- He yieldingly tossed his entire wallet across the table.
- Once bitten into, the donut transforms into angel-light wisps of sugar-bathed steam, melting so yieldingly in the mouth.
- The contrast between the yieldingly tender meat and the crispy crackling making this the best pork belly I've eaten.
Words that rhyme with yieldingFielding
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: yield|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.