Definition of yielding in English:
1(Of a substance or object) giving way under pressure; not hard or rigid: she dropped on to the yielding cushions
More example sentences
- The cookies tasted home-made, with just the right ratio of dry crumbliness to chewiness and that fantastic contrast you get from crunchy baked hazelnuts and soft, yielding fruit.
- We collapse in a disappointing heap on the yielding sand.
- The expedition crossed the shelf of rock, testing the non-slip soles of their rubber boots to the limit, and set off along slightly yielding sand.
- Example sentences
- He yieldingly tossed his entire wallet across the table.
- Once bitten into, the donut transforms into angel-light wisps of sugar-bathed steam, melting so yieldingly in the mouth.
- The contrast between the yieldingly tender meat and the crispy crackling making this the best pork belly I've eaten.
Words that rhyme with yieldingFielding
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.