noun (plural yippies)
- A member of a group of politically active hippies, originally in the US.More example sentences
- The hippies and yahoos and yippies and SDS students were seen as a real threat to the fabric of society.
- I remember when thousand of hippies and yippies surrounded the Pentagon during the Vietnam War and held an exorcism to drive out the evil demons.
- Holly screamed with delight and Molly let out a yippie.
1960s: acronym from Youth International Party + the suffix -ie, suggested by hippy1.
More definitions of yippieDefinition of yippie in:
- The US English dictionary