- A place providing cheap accommodation, aimed mainly at young people on walking or cycling tours.More example sentences
- At 35 € a night per person it's cheaper than the youth hostel.
- My two new buddies walk me to the youth hostel, which is closed.
- There would be additional employment in the offices, boutiques and a youth hostel.
verbBack to top
- (youth-hostel) (youth-hostels, youth-hostelling, youth-hostelled) [no object] Travel around, staying the night in youth hostels: we went youth-hostelling togetherMore example sentences
- I'm afraid I was never much good at the 20-something spontaneous inter-railing, hitch-hiking, youth-hostelling thing.
- When I was about 16, I went on a youth-hostelling expedition with some school friends.
- I'd already toured the UK by bicycle and had youth-hosteled in Ireland and Switzerland.
More definitions of youth hostelDefinition of youth hostel in:
- The US English dictionary