Definition of youth hostel in English:
A place providing cheap accommodation, aimed mainly at young people on walking or cycling tours.
- At 35 € a night per person it's cheaper than the youth hostel.
- My two new buddies walk me to the youth hostel, which is closed.
- There would be additional employment in the offices, boutiques and a youth hostel.
verbBack to top
(youth-hostel) (youth-hostels, youth-hostelling, youth-hostelled) [no object] Travel around, staying the night in youth hostels: we went youth-hostelling together
More example sentences
- I'm afraid I was never much good at the 20-something spontaneous inter-railing, hitch-hiking, youth-hostelling thing.
- When I was about 16, I went on a youth-hostelling expedition with some school friends.
- I'd already toured the UK by bicycle and had youth-hosteled in Ireland and Switzerland.
Definition of youth hostel in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan