A white compound used as a fungicidal powder on vegetables and fruit.
- Alternative name: zinc ethylene bisdithiocarbamate; chemical formula: C4H6N2S4Zn
More example sentences
- A small group of six chemicals (monocrotophos, glyphosate, metamidophos, zineb, benomyl and deltamethrin) belonging to different chemical classes were used by 50 or more workers.
- Terata have been observed in rats administered amounts of zineb in excess of 2000 mg/kg/day.
- The method has been employed for the determination of ziram in commercial samples and in various foodstuffs, and the results were compared with the earlier reported methods.
1950s; from zin(c) + e(thylene) + b(is-) from the systematic name.
Definition of zineb in:
- The US English dictionary