chiefly North American
- 1A zip fastener: [as modifier]: zipper bagsMore example sentences
- When you get it home, you can cut it into five even pieces and put each piece into a zipper seal bag and freeze it until you are ready to thaw it for use.
- For the guys there's fluffy suits in electric blue and bold red, psychedelic printed tops, wax trousers with leg-length zippers and fisherman hats.
- These are basically regular knits and can be found in a zip-up style, a zipper collar or a hood.
- 2A display of news or advertisements that scrolls across an illuminated screen fixed to a building.More example sentences
- The varied orientations of tiny fold patterns in the smallest grid boxes recall semaphore flags or suggest LED elements in a Times Square news zipper.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Fasten or provide with a zipper: he wore a running suit zippered up tightMore example sentences
- I particularly like the hoodie sweatshirt and zippered hoodie sweatshirt because they are utilitarian and fashionable at the same time.
- My photo of me attending a Bon Jovi concert, hair spiked and bleached Marilyn Monroe blonde, accompanied by a skin-tight zebra print, zippered mini-dress, is admired.
- It has two zippered side-entry pockets and high-quality ribbing at the waist and cuffs.
More definitions of zipperDefinition of zipper in:
- The US English dictionary