Definition of zit in English:
A spot on the skin.
- Where were the black rimmed glasses, the transparently white skin, the insufferable rash of zits that should be covering his face?
- One unwashed individual came out with a rash of zits.
- I look at the photo of me at sixteen with dyed black hair and a zit on my chin and think, ‘why did they let me out in public?’
1960s: of unknown origin; apparently originally teenagers' slang in North American English.
- Example sentences
- I guess I fancied her a bit back in the 1980s (I was a zitty teen), but now she looks like someone's embarrassing mother.
- I'm this zitty 13 year old with B.O., an insufferable know-it-all attitude (and massive insecurity right underneath) and greasy hair.
- Nine hours of sitting and staring at zitty adolescents scribbling away can drive you mad.
Definition of zit in:
- US English dictionary