New Hart's Rules (US):
Authoritative and reliable advice to support your writing and editing
The Oxford Style Guide
A specially commissioned online American English version of the classic Hart’s Rules. This helpful guide provides the information and guidance you need to develop confidence with the written word.
- Help with understanding publishing terms
- Clear guidance on punctuation and hyphenation
- Straightforward guidelines for correct capitalization
- Tips on structuring your text using headings and titles
- Guidance on clear citations of quotations and work titles
- Support with using bibliographies, notes, and indexes
For over a hundred years Hart’s Rules has been the authority on style, helping writers and editors to prepare copy for publication. The latest edition of this guide has been updated for the twenty-first century using the resources of Oxford Dictionaries and with the advice of publishing experts.