Translation of hint in Arabic:
- 1 she didn't give any hints about her future plansلم تُعْطِ أَيَّ تَلْميحاتٍ حول خُطَطِها المُسْتَقْبَليّةِto drop a hintأَعْطى تَلْميحاًhe was dropping hints that he wanted a liftكانَ يُعْطي تَلْميحاتٍ إلى أَنَّهُ يُريدُ تَوْصيلةً بالسَيّارةِto take a or the hintفَهِمَ التَلْميحَall right, I can take a hint!حَسَناً، يُمْكِنُني أنْ أَفْهَمَ التَلْميحَ!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Arabic
- Arabic-English and English-Arabic dictionary
- 330,000 words, phrases, & translations, including idioms
- covers Modern Standard Arabic and British & American English
- search for Arabic words using vowelled and unvowelled forms
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Arabic words and sentences
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com