Translation of many in Arabic:
- (units, things, people)many people many times
كَثير (plural: كَثيرونَ, plural: كِثار)for many years
أَوْقات كَثيرةhow many people/times?
لِسَنَواتٍ عَديدةٍtoo many visitors
كم شَخْصاً \ مَرّةً؟I have as many books as you (do)
عَدَد زائِد من الزوّارِso many questions
لَدَيَّ نَفْسُ عَدَدِ كُتُبِكَthere are many models to choose from
أَسْئِلة كَثيرة جِدًّاI don't have very many books
هُناكَ الكَثيرُ من النَماذِجِ للاخْتِيارِ من بَيْنِها
لَيْسَ لَدَيَّ الكَثيرُ من الكُتِبِ
pronoun/ضمير comparative form/صيغة التفضيل more superlative/اسم التفضيل most
- not many
كَثير (plural: كَثيرونَ, plural: كِثار)too many
عَدَد لَيْسَ بِكَثيرٍhow many?
كَثير جِدًّاas many as you like
كم؟I didn't know there were so many
العَدَد الّذي تُريدُهُmany of them were genuine/false
لم أَكُنْ أَعْرِفُ أَنَّهُمْ بِهَذا العَدَدِ الكَبيرِ
الكَثيرُ مِنْها كانَ حَقيقيًّا \ زائِفاً
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Arabic
- Arabic-English and English-Arabic dictionary
- 330,000 words, phrases, & translations, including idioms
- covers Modern Standard Arabic and British & American English
- search for Arabic words using vowelled and unvowelled forms
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Arabic words and sentences
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com